University of Rochester’s Multicultural Visitation Program (MVP) brings together prospective students from diverse backgrounds and allows them to experience Rochester on a more personal level. Admission to MVP is open to all interested students, their friends, and family members.
Due to on-campus restrictions as a result of COVID-19, MVP for spring 2021 will be a series of virtual events for prospective students and families. Details will be forthcoming; below is what we envision as topics.
Members of our University community come from different geographical areas. They also represent differences in ethnicities, religious beliefs, values, socioeconomic backgrounds, and points of view. They may be physically different, have different intellectual interests, or have different abilities. Rochester welcomes such differences and is dedicated to preparing the leaders of tomorrow to thrive in an equally diverse environment.
MVP virtual events include topics like:
- First-generation student experience at Rochester
- Latinx experience at rochester
- Religious diversity on campus
- Academic and other services for underrepresented, low-income, first-to-college students
- Supporting different abilities on campus
- University of Rochester’s commitment to equity and anti-racism