Pre-College Programs operate independent of the University’s Financial Aid Office. Minimal financial aid is available and we do not guarantee that all eligible applicants will receive aid. Financial aid is awarded on a first come first served basis to families with demonstrated financial need.
In determining financial need, all required supporting documentation is described on the Pre-College Programs Financial Aid Application will be reviewed. If aid is awarded, it will be disbursed to one student accepted to Pre-College Programs per family. To be eligible for financial consideration, please submit the financial aid application along with all required documentation when applying.
Financial aid will not cover total student expenses (travel to/from Rochester, NY, etc.) and students are encouraged to seek other funding sources. The aid a student may receive is non-transferable between sessions and will be applied to the program the student has been accepted in to. On-campus extracurricular activities are included in the program fee. For half day courses classes, all supplies including books and meals are included in the price of tuition.
The following additional fees are not covered by financial aid:
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Additional books, supplies, etc. for credit courses
- Costs of extracurricular off-campus events
- No refund will be given to anyone dismissed from the program
- Notification of the inability to attend a Pre-College Program must be in submitted in writing to: email@example.com
- Refunds for credit card payments are credited to the cardholder’s account for programs (except for credit bearing course):
- Before May 15, 2022: 50% of total cost of program
- May 15, 2022 or later: no refund
University of Rochester Pre-College Programs reserves the right to cancel or combine any course or program for which enrollment is insufficient or for other administrative reasons. Instructors and courses are subject to change, pending sufficient enrollment. Facilities and equipment, including software, are also subject to change.